Ener-Core manufactures power generation products which enable coal mine operations to cleanly generate power from gases that previously were wasted or had no economically viable use. Ener-Core’s systems leverage an anticipated worldwide trent towards decreasing methane emissions and increasing coal mine gas utilization.
Ener-Core Powerstations utilize a greater range of gas including low-quality gas for:
- – Avoiding flaring and venting
- – Transforming a source of unwanted emissions and pollution into onsite power
- – Powering production processes by converting difficult to destroy methane gas into low emissions electricity
Ener-Core’s Solution to Convert Air Pollution into Clean Power
Ener-Coreʼs Gradual Oxidation technology can effectively convert impure gases including low energy density ones into a form which can be processed by gas turbines to produce electricity and heat. We believe that our customers can greatly reduce the cost of compliance with air quality and emission regulations by avoiding the chemicals, catalysts, and complex permitting required by competing systems. Our products are specifically engineered for fuel flexibility and modularity, so that low-quality fuels gases can be used as an energy resource instead of being a waste and emissions source from venting and flaring.
Gradual Oxidation works by replacing a combustion reaction with a chemically similar, but slower chemical oxidation reaction which occurs at lower temperatures than combustion. Our technology extends a historical trend in engine technology seeking to improve emissions and expand the fuel operating range. Our systems are designed to allow for the extraction of energy from previously unusable fuels, reduce harmful pollutants, and create useful energy products such as heat and electricity. We have completed a number of development and deployment milestones in the last five years. In 2012, our technology successfully underwent testing and verification completed by an independent third party as part of U.S. Department of Defense (“DoD”) demonstration program.
Coal Mine Methane Utilization Benefits of an Ener-Core Powerstation
- – Unprecedented capability to use weaker fuels like vented gas from coal mine operations
- – No need for water, chemicals or catalysts, minimal contaminant removal
- – Tolerant of changes to gas composition while operating
- – Achieve low emissions (Less than 1ppm NOx is achievable)
- – Capability of generating from a wide range of coal operations including coal bed methane (CBM) to ventilation air at 1.5% methane (VAM)